Oil massages helps to strengthen their muscles. It can help to strengthen a baby’s muscles and also help in their growth and development.
Photo : iStock
New Delhi: Mothers and grandmothers for years have given oil massages to their children and grandchildren. Oil massages for babies are extremely important as it helps to strengthen their muscles, improve blood circulation and also helps the baby to get good sleep. When you give your baby oil massages, it also helps you to develop a bond with your babies.
Oil massages are usually given before bath, however, they could be done at any given point in the day. You can use any given oil starting from mustard oil to specialised oils that are available for baby massages. You could also hire someone to give your babies oil massages as professionals could give better massages that’ll be of better benefits.
Take a look at how oil massages benefit your baby.
- Helps babies get better sleep. When you give oil massages to your baby, it helps to increase the production of melatonin and reduces the production of cortisol which enables the baby to get better sleep.
- Helps to reduce colic. Colic is a pain in the stomach that might be caused due to a blockage in the intestine. However, colic pain is also a sign of a healthy, growing baby. Oil massages help to reduce this pain and ease the baby.
- Helps to strengthen their muscles. Oil massages can help to strengthen a baby’s muscles and also help in their growth and development.
- Helps with gas and constipation in babies. Babies too might suffer from gas because they can’t burp on their own. When babies do not burp, gas stays in their bodies which might cause discomfort. Oil massages can help release the gas and reduce discomfort.
- Helps to bond with your baby. Not necessarily that only mothers have to bond with their babies, even fathers need to bond well with their babies. Hence, giving your baby a massage could help develop a bond.